Minecraft server connected Raspberry Pi clock
With just a glance, I know the time, just like a clock in an item frame.
What it displays
- sun/moon’s position
- moon’s phase (the brighter the more full)
- sky color, changes during sunrise and sunset
How it works
- Python module running on the Minecraft server
- watches level.dat file for changes
- parses level.dat for server time
- publishes time to AWS IoT using MQTT
- Python module running on the Raspberry Pi
- subscribes to the servertime MQTT topic
- updates the display when it receives a new time from AWS IoT
No mods, in fact, this works on snapshots
- Because hardware hacking is fun!